Digital shopping assistant lets consumers shop online, browse flyer features and read reviews
Walmart Canada announced today the launch of its new online shopping application for iPhone and Android users. Canadians can shop conveniently and anywhere they are, with the touch of a button. Not to mention Walmart’s low prices every day.
“We’re always looking for ways to enhance our customers’ shopping experience,” said Rick Neuman, executive vice president of technology and e-commerce at Walmart Canada. “The Walmart app saves customers time and money and provides better access to products while at home or on the go.”
The app promises to help customers browse and check out efficiently with features such as:
- Your Favourites: Save time with quick access to weekly shopping items selected by the customer;
- Flyer Features: Browse online weekly flyer products;
- Rollback Alerts: Save money with a notification any time one of your favourite items is on Rollback;
- Barcode Scanning: Get access to ratings and reviews of products while in store – as well as confirming price; and,
- Grocery PickUp: Book a time to pick up your online grocery order (Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa Area only currently).
Back to school shopping without the hassle. Customers can save so much time and save money as well! Walmart opening their doors to digital shopping and saving will be in the frontier of other large retailers transitioning to a more technologically advance shopping experience. What else do they have in store for the future?
The app is available for download now:
For iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/walmart.ca/id1084793516?mt=8
For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.walmart.ecommerceapp
Follow Walmart Canada on social media!