The first fragrance to be inspired by the ocean, DAVIDOFF Cool Water is now leading the way to help protect the ocean. This summer, the brand is releasing a new film featuring its ambassador Scott Eastwood. The message of the film is a call to action to safeguard one of the world’s most precious natural resources – but also one of its most endangered. The film is an extension of DAVIDOFF Cool Water’s long-standing Love the Ocean campaign in support of the National Geographic Society’s Pristine Seas project, which aims to protect 10% of the world’s ocean by 2020
ABOUT THE LOVE THE OCEAN INITIATIVE
DAVIDOFF Cool Water has a long-standing partnership with the National Geographic Society’s Pristine Seas project – which involves scientific expeditions to explore and document fragile marine environments across the globe. Every year, DAVIDOFF Cool Water mobilizes its millions of loyal users worldwide around the Love the Ocean initiative, with the commitment that each bottle of DAVIDOFF Cool Water sold will help protect 10,000 square metres (more than 100,000 square feet) of ocean.
Visit love-the-ocean.com to learn more.
THE OCEAN: VITAL STATISTICS
- 71% of the globe is covered by ocean
- 50%+ of the oxygen we breathe is produced by the ocean
- 350 million jobs globally are linked to the ocean
- 90% of the world’s fisheries are overexploited or fully fished
- 47% of edible seafood is wasted each year in the United States alone
THE FIVE MARINE PROTECTED AREAS
- Gabon (Gabon Marine Protected Area Network) – 46,000 square kilometers
- Palau (Palau National Marine Sanctuary) – 500,000 square kilometers
- Pitcairn (Pitcairn Islands Marine Reserve) – 830,000 square kilometers
- Galapagos (Galapagos Marine Reserve) – 40,000 square kilometers
- Desventuradas Islands / Chile (Nazca-Desventuradas Marine Park) – 297,518 square kilometers