Twitter has been around for ten years. Ten years, can you believe it? Over those ten years people have sent billions of tweets to their friends, families, and favorite celebrities. Those tweets break news, share thoughts, speak on passions and support the people around you and not so near.
Today, Twitter is launching Moments in Canada!
Moments brings together the best of the national conversation across Canada, and highlights the best in sports, TV, politics, and local news. Whether it’s the latest from Justin Trudeau or The Weeknd, Moments will be a great way for staying in touch without following a billion accounts.
How do you access moments?
Tap the lightning bolt tab on your phone or online, and it will open a list lof trending moments. The list will be updated throughout the day.
Some Moments will appear in your timeline for a fixed amount of time, while some will only be accessible on the moments tab.
Engaging with a Moment
- When you click into a Moment, you’re taken to an introduction with a title and description.
- Start swiping right to dive right into the story, with pictures and autoplaying videos, Vines, and GIFs.
- A single tap gives you a fuller view of the Tweet, which you can then like, Retweet, and follow the account. A double tap lets you instantly like the Tweet.
- The progress bar at the bottom indicates how much more each Moment has to offer.
- Swiping up or down takes you back to the guide.
- At the end of a Moment, click the share button to Tweet it to your followers.
- Read more about Moments and how the desktop version works.