*Official Contest Rules
ShesConnected Multimedia. #SupportPrincessMargaret Twitter Chat Contest
- Eligibility: No purchase necessary. The #SupportPrincessMargaret Twitter Chat Contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec. Entrants must have attained the age of majority in their respective province of residence. Employees of ShesConnected Multimedia. or any of its affiliates or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees are not eligible.2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by ShesConnected 1920 Yonge Street, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M4S 3E6 (herein “ShesConnected Multimedia” or “Sponsor”).3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules as well as the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.4. Entry Period: The Contest begins on November 2 at 7 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 2 at 8 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter: To participate in this Contest, entrants must have a valid Twitter® account (“Social Account”). If entrants do not have an account, please visit www.twitter.com then register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free account. To enter the Contest, entrants must tweet during the Entry Period using their personal account (the “Entry Post”) To be eligible, your post must:
(i) include the following hashtag #SupportPrincessMargaret (the “Hashtag”) and the Twitter handle @PMLotto
(ii) comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com; and
(iii) conform to the (140) character limitation, including the Hashtag.
A maximum of one (1) Entry Post per person will be accepted during the Entry Period.
An entrant will receive one (1) entry when the entrant Tweets an eligible Entry Post in accordance with these Official Rules. Any entry that does not follow the above format as determined by the Sponsor will be ineligible for entry in the Contest. Re-tweeting another entrant’s Entry Post does not count as a new Entry Post and will be void. Posting duplicate or near duplicate updates or links is a violation of the Contest Rules and posting the same Tweet repeatedly will not count as a new Entry Post. All such posts will be void.
Entrants can use one (1) Social Account to enter or otherwise participate in the Contest. Anyone found using multiple Social Accounts and/or attempting to use multiple identities to participate in this Contest will be disqualified.
Standard data rates or text messaging rates may apply when you submit an Entry Post by smart phone or mobile device. Consult your carrier for your standard smart phone data rates. You are not required to use the data on your mobile device to enter this Contest.
In the event of dispute over the identity of the potential entrant who submitted an Entry Post, the Entry Post will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to submit the Entry Post. The entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Social Account.
All Entry Posts immediately become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Each Entry Post must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entry Posts (including but not limited to Entry Posts made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and void, and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
6. Entry Requirements: A submitted Entry Post must never have been previously exhibited publicly outside of this Contest or selected as a winner in any other contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry Post, including all constituent parts:
i. do not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
ii. do not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in a photo, then his/her face must be blurred out);
iii. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
iv. are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
• Alcohol/drug consumption or smoking;
• Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
• Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
• Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
• Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
• Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
• Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules;
• Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Sponsor;
• Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a photo must not contain any visible logos, trade- marks or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and
• Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
7. Prizes: There are (6) Prizes to be awarded. One prize consists of one $500 Hudson’s Bay Gift Card and five $100 Hudson’s Bay Gift Cards. The odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries that are received.
The winner will have their Prize mailed to the address provided by the winner.
The Prizes will be awarded after 8pm ET on November 2, 2015. Winners are drawn randomly. Winners are selected from those who meet the contest criteria by tweeting with hashtag #SupportPrincessMargaret during the contest period 7pm – 8pm. The winners will be selected by the Sponsor, per the Sponsor’s judgment. Each Prize is non-transferable. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Notification: Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner within three (3) days of a drawing via their Social Account. Each potential winner will be advised of the procedure that he/she must follow to claim the Prize. Two (2) total attempts will be made to contact each potential winner. In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted via the Social Account that was used for the submission of the Entry Post, for any reason whatsoever, or where the potential winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the second attempt to contact him or her, then that potential winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and another winner will be selected. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate potential winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to the new selected entrant). No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Contest for any reason.
The Prize will be reported by the Sponsor as funds paid to a winner, and each winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the Prize. Consult with your tax advisor for more information.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, in case of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Sponsor, or in cases of breach by the Sponsor of any of its obligations under these Official Rules, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree not to make any claim against the Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) relating to their participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized tampering in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone/network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late postage-due Contest entry documentation; misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by entrants’ participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize. Entrants further agree to compensate any of the Released Parties if they incur or suffer any loss, damage, or other liability as a result of their negligence or breach of these Official Rules. Entrants agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether in Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ontario.